rejected risd / accepted parsons + pratt portfolio 2018
basically just 14 minutes of me roasting my old dumbass self
(OPEN FOR MORE INFORMATION)
accepted: parsons school of design (the new school), pratt institute, massachusetts college of art and design, salem state university, umass lowell, simmons college
rejected: boston university, rhode island school of design, california institute of the arts
incomplete: cooper union (explained in video)
sat: 1280 (superscore)
weighted gpa: 4.06
unweighted gpa: 3.7
extracurriculars: two part-time jobs, national honor society (3 years), class officer (4 years), summer search (3 years), key club (4 years), badminton club (4 years)
i will be attending massachusetts college of art and design this fall!
other bits of info:
– i attended a public high school in suburban massachusetts
– i didn’t really attend any formal art lessons outside of what was offered to me in high school and in a pre-college program i did in summer 2017
– i attended national portfolio day in 2017 and my portfolio got reviewed by risd, parsons, and pratt. i would highly suggest going!
– i applied to all of my schools regular decision
– in NO way am i trying to bash on the schools that rejected me
if you guys have any questions about applying to art school, i would love to answer them!! or if you want me to make a separate video on portfolio tips/handling college rejection, i’d be down.